This is a challenging job
- Staff work long hours! They work from around 7:30 AM until around midnight. The weeks are long (Sunday afternoon through Friday afternoon.) You will be exhausted, but you have to give 100% at all times for the campers, and that is tough!
- Staff work hard! We do whatever it takes to make the camp enjoyable for the campers. That includes lots of manual labor. It requires a great work ethic, so lazy people need not apply!
- The salary does not match up to how many hours and how hard you work! Don't come here for the money!
- The rules are strict, and we have high expectations! We have a very strict set of policies that the staff must follow for the protection of the campers. We do not permit dating, alcohol, drugs, inappropriate language, or any inappropriate behavior. We do not permit facial rings, tongue rings, exposed tattoos, or unkept appearances. Staff are expected to be outstanding role models at all times. Everything you do during the summer is our business (including weekends), because it impacts the campers we serve.
- You can't escape one another! Our staff members spend a lot of time together. If someone gets on your nerves, you have to be able to work with them. We serve the campers no matter what.
...but a VERY rewarding job, too!
- It is a great learning experience! You will learn to work on a team, learn more about yourself, and you will be challenged in new ways. We will invest in you heavily because we want to make you more successful in whatever career you choose. Our goal is to see significant growth in you during the summer.
- It is fun! From activities like the zip line, slip and slide, and ropes course, you will have the opportunity for new and exciting experiences!
You get to invest in youth! If you have a heart for youth, you will have great opportunities to be a role model for them. Our purpose is to help develop character in young people, and you can play an integral role in that.
- It is an excellent experience for those wanting to teach or work with youth as a career!
- You might be able to use it for college internship credit! Check with your program advisor to see if this experience qualifies as an internship for your major.
- You can save money because room and board is free!
- You will be working with other college students with whom you have the opportunity to build lasting friendships!
- To steal a line from the Peace Corps, it is the toughest job you will ever love!
Ready to apply?
Click the "Ready to apply" link above to learn more about the application process!