Adventure Camp provides a great environment for a parent and child to share an exciting time together enjoying new experiences and developing memories! This is a perfect time opportunity to spend that quality time together that you have been looking for!
The program is designed towards one child and one adult. The adult can be a parent or an adult guardian. You may choose to bring an additional child or adult for an additional fee, but understand that most of the program is designed towards a one-to-one ratio.
Eligibility: Adventure Camp is for boys and girls ages 7-10 accompanied by an adult.
Activities may vary year to year but typically include:
- Fishing: Enjoy an activity that has bonded families for generations!
Adult & child will fish at a stocked catfish pond. The camp provides all equipment, bait, and staff to assist as needed. Campers are welcome to bring poles if they want.
- Archery and BB Guns: See your child's excitement when they hit the target!
Adult & child participate in an archery skills class and a BB gun safety class. The camp provides all equipment and instruction. Instructors teach how to properly use a bow and BB gun, then participants develop their skills by target shooting.
- Climbing Wall & Zip Line: Build confidence in yourself and each other as you reach new heights!
Adult & child climb up the 40 ft. climbing wall and enjoy a 300 ft zip line! The camp provides belay equipment, harnesses, helmets, and trained instructors.
- Horseback Riding: Demonstrate your leadership to your child as you guide them on an arena ride!
Adult & child learn about basic horse care skills including handling, grooming, & tacking. The children will learn basic riding skills and participate in an arena ride, which will be hand led by the parents. The camp will provide all equipment, helmets, and trained staff.
- Guided Canoe Trip: Spend some one-on-one time with your child in a canoe!
Adult & child will venture on a guided canoe trip on Lake Jackson to Newton Factory Shoals. Participants learn basic paddling and stroke techniques. The camp provides canoes, paddles, lifejackets, and staff guides.
- Outdoor Cooking: Enjoy a meal that you prepared together!
Adult & child participate in a class teaching various outdoor cooking techniques, such as dutch ovens, pie irons, and cooking over a campfire.
- Campfire with Smores and Night Hike: Enjoy Smores, and then show that you trust each other by helping each other on the night hike without flashlights!
All campers will trek to the campfire location, where there will be campfire stories and smores. After the campfire program, the staff will guide campers on a night hike back to camp without flashlights.
- Free Time Recreation: If you want to take some extra one-on-one time to spend playing with your child! Options include ping pong, miniature golf, basketball, cornhole, fishing, and tennis. Arrive early or stay later if you would like some extra time to enjoy these activities.
Lodging & Meals
Lodging will be in bunk cabins. These are very nice, new bunk cabins with A/C and heat, and they have nice bathrooms inside the cabin. There are mattresses on the beds and toilet paper in the stalls - you will need to bring everything else. Groups will be divided by different gender groups (example - one cabin for male adults with male children, one cabin for female adults with female children, etc.)
The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center provides excellent meals - not your traditional camp food. Let the camp know if you have special needs (example - vegetarian, severe food allergies, etc)